- 420g tin chickpeas, strained
- half a cup Italian parsley leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- half a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon warm water
In a food processor/blender, add chickpeas, parsley, zest and lemon juice and blend until combined, approximately 30 seconds.
Remove lid and push the mixture down from the sides, add salt and pepper.
Replace lid, turn on again and drizzle in the oil. Continue to run for 30 seconds to combine. While the motor is still running, add water.
Once the mixture is thoroughly blended, remove and store in fridge for up to 7 days.
- I love this quick and cheap dip. Its great for adult and kids parties, perfect for a spread on sandwiches and even better when served with crunchy vegetable fingers.
- The smooth texture and lemony flavour appeals to kids of all ages.
- When I make this dip, my youngest picks the parsley leaves and presses the buttons while my oldest pours in the oil and the mess factor is minimal- everyone is happy!
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand