Chockie wheaty biscuits
- 100g butter
- half a cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- half a tsp bicarb soda
- 3 weetbix, crushed
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- half a cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp good quality cocoa
Preheat oven to 200C.
Combine butter and sugar with electric beater. Add vanilla and beat until well combined
In two small microwaveable containers:
Melt golden syrup in first one (30 seconds on high)
Boil water in the second (45 seconds on high)
Add water to golden syrup, then add bicarb soda.
Stir into butter mixture.
In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients (weetbix, flour, coconut and cocoa) and make a well in the middle.
Add the butter mixture and stir with spatula until well combined. Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto greased baking trays and cook about 12 minutes. Cookies should not be bubbling and a darker brown in colour.
Leave to cool on trays.
- I had a few Weetbix left over in Tupperware container and a new packet waiting to go in so I thought I’d give Weetbix biscuits a go they turned out sensationally!
- Try not to eat them all yourself without sharing with the kids/hubby.
- These Weetbix biscuits are the ultimate frugal recipe they are super-cheap and super-easy to make.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.