Crispy chicken tenders
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- half a cup cornflour (gluten-free)
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons continental parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Trim any yucky bits off the chicken and slice large tenderloins in half lengthways.
Place cornflour, salt and pepper (if using) and parsley in a freezer bag. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat chicken in cornflour mixture.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Shake excess flour off chicken and cook in two batches until crispy and golden, about 3 minutes each side.
Serve with homemade chips or wedges and salad. Some sweet chilli sauce gives the chicken a little something extra for more demanding palates!
- I coat half the tenderloins in parsley-free flour for the kids so there are no green bits, then add the parsley to the flour and coat the big peoples chicken.
- Use leftovers in chicken schnitzel-type sandwiches.