- 8 thin sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon coconut
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chutney
- 1 tablespoon plum jam
- half a cup sultanas
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 400mL chicken stock
Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook sausages until browned on all sides and cooked through. Transfer sausages to a plate and wipe pan clean with paper towel.
Add oil to pan and fry onion, curry powder, cornflour and coconut for 2 minutes. Slice sausages into bite size pieces and return to pan with all remaining ingredients.
Stir until boiling then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
- Curried sausages are a family food staple! We had this often when we were kids my mum used to add banana too, try that if you think that will win over the kids.
- I just happened to have plum jam in the pantry, but any red jam would do.
- The mild curry flavour is not spicy at all. For a spicier dish, serve the kids and then add some more curry paste or dried chilli flakes.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.