- 150g salami (I used mild Sopresso), sliced
- 120g roast capsicum, sliced
- 100g kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons tomato pesto (I like Sacla brand)
- 300g large shell pasta
- basil leaves, to garnish
- 4 feta-stuffed peppadews (optional)
- 2 slices prosciutto (optional)
Heat a non-stick frypan over high heat and cook the salami until crisp. Transfer salami to a plate lined with paper towel. Drain fat from pan. Return salami to pan with capsicum, olives, tomatoes and tomato pesto. Cook over a low heat while the pasta cooks.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to packet directions until al dente. Reserve half a cup pasta water. Drain pasta, return to pot and stir through sauce and reserved water.
Serve immediately garnished with basil, peppadews and prosciutto (if using).
- This is a great quick and easy meal. All the ingredients can be bought at a supermarket deli and require minimal preparation by you (or the kids).
- If you have any prosciutto left over from the eye fillet recipe, then fry it until crisp, set aside while you prepare the rest and then use strips as a garnish.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.