Balance out the not-so-healthy foods with healthy accompaniments. This recipe combines fish fingers with a wholemeal roll, fresh salad vegetables, and a zingy yoghurt dressing.
- 4 fish fingers
- 2 tbsp skim plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 20g sour cucumber pickle or gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives, finely sliced
- 2 large wholemeal bread roll, halved horizontally
- 4 lettuce leaves, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 Lebanese cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
Preheat grill to medium-high. Arrange fish fingers on grill rack and cook for approximately 10 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile to make tartare sauce; combine yoghurt, capers, gherkins and chives or parsley. Split rolls and spread some sauce over cut surfaces.
Top each roll with salad leaves, cucumber and two fish fingers. Spoon any remaining tartare sauce on top. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve.
Related fish recipes:
- Family fish pie
- Homemade fish fingers
- Fish cakes
- Fish and chips
- Lemony fish bites
- Salmon fish fingers
- Fish tacos
- Fish curry
- This is a great dinner when for those weeks when you’re on a tight budget.
- This tartare sauce is great with all types of fish – I also think it goes well with barbecued meats like lamb koftas too.
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers.