Ham and pesto crepes
- 1 x packet ready made frozen crepes or you can make your own
- 1 cup (around 190g) good quality pesto
- 10 slices ham
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp canola oil
Spread the crepes with pesto, place a slice of ham on each and sprinkle with the cheese. Fold in half.
Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat and lightly pan-fry the filled/folded crepes for a minute or so on each side until golden. The idea is to just heat through the fillings.
- You don’t really need to heat the crepes up, it just makes them that little bit more yummy!
- Spread crepes with honey-sweetened ricotta and stuff with fresh berries.
- Spread with creme cheese and fill with shredded barbecue chicken, grated carrot and some butter lettuce.
- Or go with the classic and spread with Nutella and top with thinly sliced banana or poached peaches or other fruit before folding.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: