Healthy fish fingers with guacamole
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- zest of one lemon
- a little salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 salmon fillets (about 200g each)
- canola oil spray
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice of one lemon
- splash olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200°C conventional (180°C fan-forced) and line a biscuit tray with baking paper.
To make the crumb mix, combine the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and salt and place in a shallow bowl. Slice the salmon fillets into ‘fingers’ and dip these first in the beaten egg and then in the crumb mixture, turning so each side is well coated.
Place on the prepared baking tray and once all the fish is crumbed, lightly spray with canola oil and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile to make the guacamole, crush the avocado into a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients. Season to taste.
Find more fish recipes
- Beer batter fish
- Easy crumbed fish
- Exotic fish finger rolls
- Fish and chips
- Fish cakes
- Fish cakes with sweet chilli mayo
- Fish in foil
- Healthy fish and chips
- Healthy fish fingers
- Lemony fish bites
- Seafood risotto
- Thai fish cakes
- You could add some chilli flakes and coriander to the guacamole but kids aren’t generally fond of either so you might leave these on the side.
- You could add herbs to the crumb mix and even swap the fish for chicken strips.
- This recipe serves two little people and one hovering, hungry adult.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.