Healthy raw caramel dip
Makes about 2 cups of dip
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (soaked in water for a few hours)
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted (soaked in water for a few hours)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- sliced apples and pears for serving
Drain then rinse nuts and dates then tip into a food processor or blender. Add remaining ingredients and blitz until smooth.
Transfer to an airtight container or jar and keep in the fridge for no more than two weeks.
Serve with a little plate of thinly sliced apples and pears.
Find related caramel recipes
- Caramel slice
- Macadamia slice
- Salted caramel sauce
- Healthy chocolate power balls
- Caramel filling
- Caramel peach crumble
- Caramel sauce
- Caramel swirl cake
- Caramelised onion and mushroom pissaladiere
- Chocolate caramel slice
- Chocolate caramel tarts
- Swap half of the macadamias with almonds for extra flavour!
- Serve this for dessert with a few toasted nuts and fresh dates, too.
- Spread over wholemeal banana bread for a yummy caramel snack.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.