Jelly berry mess
- 85g packet raspberry jelly
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 16 petite chocolate or vanilla meringues
- 2 cups vanilla yoghurt
- grated chocolate to decorate
Prepare jelly by pouring 200mL boiling water into a jug, stirring in the jelly crystals and then topping up with cold water to 500mL. Stir in raspberries and refrigerate until set. When set, use a knife to chop up into large pieces.
In each of four large glasses or parfait glasses, add some raspberry jelly, top with 2 crumbled meringues and then ¼ cup yoghurt. Repeat layers, finishing with yoghurt and then garnish with grated chocolate.
- Once the jelly is set, this is a very quickly constructed and impressive dessert or afternoon tea treat.
- I used the raspberry Aeroplane jelly to match my favourite fruit, but vary the colour to suit your favourites—orange mango or peach apricot (lite) jelly with apricots, peaches or mango, strawberry jelly with strawberry and so on.
- Try vanilla or chocolate custard, cream or icecream instead of the yoghurt.