Katie’s chicken soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2L chicken stock
- 2 cups mini fusilli pasta
- 2 BBQ chicken breasts, skinned and shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken stock in a heatproof container and microwave for 5 mins.
Heat olive oil in a pot and add onions, carrots and celery. Saute for 3 mins until the vegetables are transparent.
Add hot stock and bring to the boil. Add pasta and return to the boil for 7 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
Add shredded chicken and parsley. Stir and serve.
- This is a great winter warmer soup for the working family and the pasta makes it filling.
- By using a good quality stock and BBQ chicken you can get it on the table in under 20 minutes.
- To give it an Italian flavour, add a teaspoon of crushed garlic when frying the vegetables and sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top at the end.
- If your kids hate “green” leave the parsley out.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.