- 3 beef/pork/chicken sausages, cooked
- 3 slices of bread
- 3 slices tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato relish (optional)
Heat grill. Once the grill is hot, cook the sausages through.
Take the sausages off the grill and cut in half then split them down the middle not quite cutting all the way through.
Cut bread in half on the diagonal, and cut cheese on the diagonal also.
Place one piece of cheese on each bread triangle.
Place ½ a sausage in the middle of each triangle of bread and top with relish.
Pull both ends of bread up over the sausage and secure with a toothpick.
Place on an oven tray and put under the grill, turning until cheese has melted and you have a brown crust.
- I prefer to use real sausages when I’m cooking these for a meal, however you can also use frankfurts.
- Don’t cut the crusts off – leaving them on helps pin them together.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.