Pear rocket walnut and parmesan salad
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 just ripe pears
- 100g rocket leaves
- 50g parmesan, shaved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat, add walnuts and cook for a few minutes until starting to turn golden brown. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
Quarter pears, core and cut each quarter into two pieces. Combine pears, rocket, parmesan and walnuts in a salad bowl.
To make dressing, combine oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a screw top jar, shake until well combined and pour just enough into bowl to coat salad.
- A nod to spring, warmer weather and lighter meals, this is a classic salad that can be a light meal on its own or a great accompaniment to barbecued or grilled meat or fish.
- If you want to prepare the salad a few hours in advance, place the pears in the salad bowl, pour in the lemon juice and coat the pears to prevent them turning brown. Place rocket on top, then parmesan and walnuts. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in fridge until needed. Just before serving, add oil, salt and pepper and toss well to combine.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.