Roast vegetable pizzas
- 1 packet x 6 lebanese breads
- 1 cup tomato paste or passata
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 500g roasted sweet potato, diced
- 2 roasted capsicums, sliced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups grated tasty or mozzarella cheese
- 180g feta, diced
- 100g rocket leaves
- half a cup good quality basil pesto
- half a cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place bread bases on baking trays (you may have to use the bench, depending on your tray collection), spread with tomato paste or passata.
- Divide fresh basil leaves between bases (need to go underneath everything else so they dont burn).
- Top with sweet potato, capsicums, mushrooms, tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle half a cup of grated cheese over each pizza.
- This is not much, but you do have the feta too.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bases crunchy.
- Before serving, sprinkle over a handful of rocket leaves, pesto and pecans.
- Double the quantities for a bigger crowd, the left-overs can be frozen individually.
- Use leftover roast vegies, also try sliced avocado.
- For a gluten-free base, I use the gluten-free wraps (that are revolting as wraps, but excellent for crisp pizza bases) from the supermarket.
- Have also used the gluten-free pizza dough mix, which only takes about 10 minutes to bring together but make sure you bake it for about 15 minutes before putting on topping, to make it crispy.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.