Spring lamb burgers
- 700g lamb mince
- 1 sprig rosemary
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 1½ cups Greek-style yogurt
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped roughly
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lettuce, washed and trimmed
- 6 hamburger buns, rolls or flat Lebanese wraps
- Butter for rolls
In a large bowl, mix together all the patty ingredients until completely combined. Shape into 6 patties.
Bring a frying pan, grill pan or barbecue to a medium to high heat and place the patties onto the cooking surface. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked just through.
In the meantime, whisk together all the yogurt sauce ingredients and chill.
When the burgers are ready, serve in a buttered hamburger bun or in a warm Lebanese wrap with cucumber, lettuce, tomato slices and mint-yoghurt sauce.
- We are lucky enough to live near the world’s BEST delicatessen. The owner, Nazek makes the most amazing tabbouleh every day except Sunday (she deserves a break!). My husband loves it when I stuff this into wraps for him with these lamb burgers.
- If you can’t find lamb mince, you can make your own by using boneless lamb rump, or something similar with a bit of fat in it, and then gently processing it until you have your own mince.
- This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.