Strawberry chia fridge jam
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Wash strawberries, remove stems and leaves and place in the bowl of a food processor. Blitz for a few seconds until roughly pureed. Alternatively, you could mash the strawberries with a fork.
Transfer to a bowl and stir through chia seeds and maple syrup.
Spoon into a clean jar and refrigerate for at least an hour to set.
Use as you would normal jam – on toast, scones, etc.
Related chutney, sauce and preserve recipes:
- Easy rhubarb jam
- Orange marmalade
- Italian tomato sauce
- Lemon curd
- Lemon butter
- Plum jam
- Quick peach jam
- This raw jam will keep for at least two weeks in the fridge.
- Alternate honey for the maple syrup if you prefer.
- You can also use them along with other grains like we have in these Chia seed muesli bars.
- You can also sneak chia into your diet at breakfast by making this Blueberry overnight oats dish.
- If you are looking for a recipe that is healthy and a sweet treat then you can't go past this Healthy raspberry and chia seed slice.
- You could also use fresh or frozen strawberries in this Strawberry quinoa smoothie.
- Chia can also be incorporated into baking like we have in these Two cheese crackers with chia seeds.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.