- 500g beef mince
- 500g pork mince
- 3 potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, lightly toasted (or make breadcrumbs from toast!)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp beef stock powder
- 200ml water
- 100ml cream
- splash of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
Mix all meatball ingredients together in bowl. Mix thoroughly at first with a spoon. When the liquid is evenly distributed, mix it up with your hands.
Heat about 3 tbsp butter in a frypan, when hot, add walnut-sized meatballs and fry for about 2-3 minutes and turn over gently. Transfer to baking tray, add butter to frypan as required, and repeat until all done!
To make the sauce, combine water, cream, stock powder, soy sauce and pepper, sprinkle cornflour on top and whisk over medium heat until smooth.
Allow to simmer and thicken.
Pour over meatballs, or in bowl to dip if serving as canapes.
- The meatball mix I made create us two meals – roughly 60 meatballs. These freeze well so I figured why not make two lots… I’d also use this quantity if serving them as canapes.
- You could serve it with the sauce as a dipping sauce.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.