Veggie skeleton dip platter
Make veggies fun and spooky this Halloween with this creepy veggie skeleton dip platter idea. It could also be a fun after school snack that may entice the kids to eat some veggies.
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into sticks
- 1 large carrot, sliced into sticks
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red or green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/4 head of broccoli, blanched and broken into smaller florets
- 1 cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 2 capers
- 1 cornichon
Step 1. Make or buy some hummus or tzatziki and put it in a small bowl (this will be the skeleton’s head).
Step 2. Prepare a large platter, big enough to create your skeleton.
Step 3. Create the skeleton’s spine first using rounds of cucumber.
Step 4. Add the slices of capsicum as ribs.
Step 5. Two large sticks of celery will be the shoulders, followed by two medium carrot sticks for each arm.åÊ A mushroom can be each hand.
Step 6. Arrange the rest of the mushroom slices to be the pelvis bone.
Step 7. Use celery and carrot sticks to create legs and feet.
Step 8. Position the bowl of dip as the head and add florets of broccoli for hair, two capers as eyes and a cornichon as the mouth.
- Thanks to our friends at Kidspot Australia for creating the instructional video.