- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 plain rice cakes
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 200å¡C conventional (180å¡C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place quinoa, rice cakes and onion flakes into a food processor and process and pulse until they resemble breadcrumbs.
Dip zucchini slices into beaten egg, then crumb mixture and place onto the baking tray.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- If you donÛªt have a food processor you can use quinoa flakes and finely chop the rice cakes to make the crumb mixture.
- You can use the leftover crumbs to coat meat patties or use them on other vegetables for a healthy coating.
- This recipe was created by Karla Gilbert. You can read her blog atåÊIronmum Karla, catch up with her onåÊTwitter, find her onåÊFacebookåÊor peek at her pins onåÊPinterest.