2 ingredient slow cooker cake
- 1 (540g) vanilla cake mix.
- 1 x 400g tin diced two fruits (we used peach and pear)
Step 1. Line 3.3 L round slow cooker with baking paper and gather cake mix and fruit.
Step 2. Mix fruit into cake mix using a spatula until well combined.
Step 3. Pour into slow cooker and smooth over top. Place tea towel under the lid (to collect condensation). Cook on high for 2 hours or until cooked through when checked with a skewer.
Step 4. Remove from slow cooker and ice when cooled.
- There are a number of methods to using a slow cooker to bake a cake. This one places the mixture directly into the pot.
- You can also place a cake tin into the slow cooker on top of an upturned saucer (so it isn’t touching the bottom). The one common thing is to always use a tea towel under the lid of the slow cooker to absorb condensation.
- You can use any cake mixture in the slow cooker. It can be a packet mix, a from scratch mix or even a cheaty 2 ingredient mix like we have used.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.