3 ingredient trifles
- 825g canned apricot halves in fruit juice
- 200g store bought vanilla sponge*
- 1 cup (250ml) low-fat custard
Drain apricots, reserving the liquid and slice each apricot half into bite size pieces.
Cut sponge into bite size cubes (1cmx1cm) and soak in the apricot liquid. Sponge should be softened but not soggy so work quickly.
Layer apricots, sponge and light custard into individual glasses. Top with a few slices of apricot, cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Find related sweet Christmas recipes
- Cheerios Christmas trees
- Christmas angel ice creams
- Christmas candy cane cookies
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas jelly slice
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Christmas pudding pops
- Christmas trifle
- Christmas Yule log
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- You can usually only buy 2 sponges in a packet at the supermarket, but they freeze well which means you’ll be able to have trifle whenever you want. You’ll use just under half a packet.
- These lovely trifles can be made up to a day ahead and stored in the fridge.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.