Banana and walnut bread
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 tsp bi-carbonate soda
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 1/3 cups walnuts, chopped
- 85g melted butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups banana, mashed
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl ,mix sifted flour, bi-carbonate soda and sugar.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add sour cream and mix in vanilla, banana and butter.
Pour the wet mix into the dry mix bowl and add walnuts. Mix gently until just combined and pour into loaf pan.
Bake for 45 mins.
Related banana recipes
- Banana custard pie
- Banana pancakes with caramel sauce
- Banana mini-muffins with cream cheese icing
- Sour cream banana muffins
- Nutella and banana bread
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Chocolate flecked banana cake
- Banana splits
- I have made this recipe over and over and it never gets old. My son is not a fan of walnuts so I often bake a loaf without.
- I find that this recipe freezes very well. I bake, slice and freeze this, so the kids can have it for school lunches.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.