Bells of St Clements muffins
- 2 cups plain flour (gluten-free, see notes below)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- half a cup caster sugar
- zest of one orange, finely chopped
- zest of one lemon, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) orange juice
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 180C. Place muffin paper cases into muffin pan. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir in sugar and zests. Combine juice, oil and eggs in a jug, whisk to combine. Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pans and bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Cool on wire trays.
- I invented these muffins for my little girl who is on a dairy-free trial for 3 weeks. It is very challenging for her in this house full of Kidspot-goodies! I also made them gluten free so I could eat them too and believe it or not, they were very moist and tasty.
- Make these gluten-free using gluten-free plain flour and baking powder.
- Follow this link for the full nursery rhyme http://www.rhymes.org.uk/bells-st-clements.htm