- 500g beef mince
- half a onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- half a cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 ciabatta buns, toasted
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 1 cup baby rocket or spinach leaves
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- Aioli or mayonnaise, to serve
Place mince, onion, tomato paste, water, breadcrumbs, mustard and parmesan in a bowl, and season. Divide mixture into 8 portions and use your hands to shape into patties. Refrigerate for 15 minutes (this helps them hang together during cooking).
Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat, then cook patties for 6-7 minutes each side or until cooked to taste. Spread bun bases with hummus, add rocket or spinach, tomato, a patty, some aioli or mayonnaise and top of bun.