Friendly dragon sandwich
- 1/2 small cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly lengthways
- peel of 1/2 small cucumber
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 small raisin
Using the photo as a guide, cut the unpeeled cucumber into spikes for the dragon’s back. Then form the carrot into rough flame shapes.
Cut some dragon ‘spots’ from the cucumber peel and the dragon's head and neck shapes using the bread slices.
Assemble the dragon on a large plate, as per the photo, using the raisin for the eye.
Garnish with some green and purple grapes.
Find other cute sandwich recipes
- Cute bird sandwich
- Moonlight bunny sandwich
- Sleepy koala sandwich
- Snappy crab sandwich
- Crunchy lion sandwich
- You could use cherry tomatoes and grapes as the friendly dragon's baby dragon eggs!
- Don't worry too much about being exact with the flame shapes – they're not meant to look symmetrically perfect.
- This recipe was created by Pip Lincolne for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.