Gluten-free pasta salad
- 1 serving gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, cubed
- ½ green capsicum, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- ½ yellow capsicum, sliced
- handful green beans, topped, tailed and cut in half
- ½ chicken breast, cooked and shredded (optional)
- ½ avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Cook the gluten-free pasta and drain and place in a medium bowl.
Add all the ingredients and toss.
Combine the ingredients for the dressing in an airtight jar and shake vigorously.
Pour over salad and serve.
- Gluten-free pasta can be found at most supermarkets or health food stores. The pasta packet will be clearly labeled as gluten-free.
- Gluten-free pasta can go from being undercooked to overcooked in the blink of an eye so keep testing your pasta as it cooks to avoid soggy, waterlogged pasta.
More salad recipes
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Asian salmon salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Pasta salad
This recipe was created by nutritionist Amanda Fraser for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.