We all lead such busy lives so weeknight meals often need to be easy as well as affordable. These Hawaiian-Style Pork Burgers made using New Zealand Pork are a healthier alternative to fast food.
These burgers are family-friendly, cost less than $20, and take less than 30 mins to make!
Hawaiian Style Pork Burgers
- 500 grams * New Zealand Pork mince
- 3/4 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 425 gram can of pineapple rings drained
- baby spinach
- 1 large tomato sliced
- store bought Ranch dressing
- 4 burger buns
- Mix the New Zealand Pork mince, mixed herbs, garlic, salt and pepper together well. Form the mince into four even patties.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium high and coat with oil. Cook the patties for 7-8 mins on each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a cast-iron griddle pan and sear the pineapple to lightly caramelise.
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Slice the burger buns in half and lightly toast in the oven for around 5 mins.
- Assemble the burgers with the buns, baby spinach, tomato, ranch dressing, pineapple, and New Zealand pork patty.
All ingredients were purchased in April 2022 for less than $20 at Pak'nSave Albany. Recipe provided by NZPork