Hoisin pork with rice noodles
- 4 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbs ginger (grated)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 500 g pork fillet
- 200 g rice noodles
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 zucchini (julienned)
- 1 capsicum (julienned)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (chopped)
- coriander (*to serve)
In a large non-metallic bowl, combine garlic, ginger, sauces, sugar and vinegar.
Thinly slice pork fillet. Add to marinade and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Cook rice noodles according to packet instructions.
Heat oil in a wok. Cook pork quickly in batches, removing to a plate once sealed and adding more oil to the wok as necessary. Quickly stir-fry julienned vegetables for 1-2 minutes. Return pork and toss to combine. Add noodles and stir-fry, being careful not to break them up too much. Serve topped with chopped peanuts and coriander.
Find related stir-fry recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stir-fry
- Chicken and basil stir-fry
- Chicken broccoli cashew stir-fry
- Chicken cashew and hokkien noodle stir-fry
- Chicken tofu and noodle stir-fry
- Chilli garlic beef stir-fry
- Easy chicken stir-fry with fresh ginger
- Fish and bok choy noodle stir-fry
- Tuna and veggie stir-fry
- Dried rice noodles are available in supermarkets. Keep an eye out for fresh rice noodles as these would be delicious as well.
- I used a pork fillet in this recipe which is beautiful and tender. You could also try pork shoulder or scotch.
- Substitute with whatever vegetables you prefer. Just be sure to cut them finely to allow quick cooking.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.