Mushroom pesto burgers
- olive oil spray
- 8 medium (600g) Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 40g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 x 160g jar oven-roasted capsicum
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 40g fetta, crumbled
Heat a medium size, non-stick frying pan and spray lightly with olive oil.
Spray mushrooms with a light coat of oil and add to the frying pan.
Sprinkle with garlic powder and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until mushrooms are soft and fragrant.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
Slice rolls in half and spray lightly with oil.
Divide spinach equally among rolls, place 2 mushrooms on each roll and top with capsicum, pesto and fetta.
- These burgers are really filling, most young kids will probably only be able to eat half each.
- If you don’t like capsicum, pesto or feta, you can experiment with other toppings, like olives or roasted tomatoes.
- If you’re looking for family-friendly vegetarian meal options, you can’t go past these Potato and zucchini fritters.
- This Slow cooker vegetarian dahl is a lovely aromatic meal for those who aren’t meat eaters. Just set and forget!
- For a dish with lots of wow-power, you should try this Roasted vegetable stack with tomato relish. It’s great to serve for guests.
- This Lentil bolognese makes a great meat-free mid-week meal, you’ve probably already got all of the ingredients in your pantry.
- This Creamy mushroom soup is a hearty meal all on it’s own. Just add a slice of crusty bread!
- For a flavour-packed vegetarian meal like no other, try this Roasted pumpkin, garlic, and ricotta lasagne – you’ll wonder why you hadn’t tried it sooner.
- You’ll be delighted with this beautifully balanced Thai roasted tofu with ginger, basil and chilli vegetables. And it’s healthy too!
- Burger-boffins will really enjoy these Vegetarian burgers made with couscous and sunflower seeds.
- This Nachos with invisible beans recipe is perfect for fussy kids with big appetites.
- Turn a traditional fave on it’s head, with this scrummy Bacon and leek macaroni cheese recipe.
- Get dinner on the table in just 15 minutes with this Caramelised onion and sweet potato frittata.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie.