Simple potato tortilla
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 waxy potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
In a heavy based frypan, heat the olive oil and fry the potatoes and onion with the oregano and paprika until the potatoes are tender.
Once they are tender, grease a pie dish or shallow casserole dish with a 30cm diameter.
Pour the potato and onion mix in to the dish. Season with salt and pepper. Pour eggs over potato mixture and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes : until the egg is set and the top is golden. Serve with a green salad.
Find related quiche recipes
- Cheaty salmon and broccoli quiche
- Crustless quiche
- Impossible quiche
- Mini capsicum quiches
- Mini quiches with hidden veg
- Quiche lorraine
- Quiche in a cup
- Vegetarian quiche
- Waxy potatoes work best for this recipe because they hold their shape.
- You should use the best and freshest free-range eggs you can buy for this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Pip Lincolne for Kidspot, you can find Pip at Meet Me at Mike's, on Pinterest and Facebook.