Strawberry ice cream recipe
- 700 g strawberries, diced into small pieces
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups double cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
In a bowl, combine strawberries, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of sugar. Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
After an hour, beat eggs for about 2 minutes until they become light and fluffy.
Add the remaining sugar slowly, then add milk and vanilla essence the same way whilst beating slowly.
Add bowl of strawberries and beat slowly for 1 more minute.
Stir in cream by hand, and chill the mixture for another 30 minutes.
Place the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Pour into an airtight container and freeze.
If you don’t have an icecream maker, place the chilled mixture into the freezer for 1 hour 30 minutes. Spoon the mixture into a food processor and whip for 3 minutes. Return the mixture to the freezer. Repeat this process 3 times.
- Obviously, you could use other fruit in this recipe – I just think you can’t go past the classic strawberry ice cream!
- Before you begin, ensure your ice cream maker is frozen, frozen FROZEN.. (I was too impatient when I made this recipe the first time and had to repeat the making process!)
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related ice cream recipes
- Homemade cookies and cream ice cream
- Flakey Ice cream biscuit crunch
- Ice cream easter eggs
- Chocolate bar ice cream cake
- Mango Ice cream
- Ginger Ice cream