- 500g rump steak, thinly sliced and fat removed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons mirin seasoning (available in the international section of supermarkets)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 1 cup capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups Chinese broccoli (regular broccoli will be fine it just needs to be cooked a little longer)
In a small bowl combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil and brown sugar, stir to combine then put to one side.
Heat wok on high heat until very hot.
In two batches, add onions and beef strips to the wok together with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to combine then sear in wok until meat is brown.
Once all the meat is browned, reheat wok until very hot and add vegetables, saute with lid on until wilted, tossing occasionally.
Add meat and onions followed by the sauce mixture. Stir to combine, pop the lid back on and simmer for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, tossing to combine.
Remove from heat and serve with boiled rice.
- There is something about greens and ginger that make me feel good inside.
- This is a fast and tasty recipe you can whip up on a cool evening. Its even better if you follow it up with the Lemon delicious pudding!
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.