Yoghurt chocolate bananamisu
No cooking, no baking! A scrummy cheat’s dessert that is so delish, no one will ever know you took so many shortcuts. You must try this yoghurt chocolate bananamisu asap – we’re not sure who will love it more; you or the kids! Creamy, crunchy AND fruity. Yum!
Yoghurt Chocolate Bananamisu
- 2 cups The Collective Just Greek Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granola homemade or store bought, 200g
- 12 chocolate chip cookies store bought
- 2 cups banana bread cubed
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 large banana sliced
- extra cookie for crushed topping optional
You will also need
- 4 125ml jars for serving
- Place yoghurt, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Place granola in a medium bowl. Roughly crush cookies with your hands and add to the granola. Mix well.
- Follow this layering method four times over for individual jar serves (divide all ingredients into four) or once for the large jar:
- Start by swiftly dipping the banana bread cubes in the orange juice and placing in the bottom of the jar. Spoon yoghurt on top and spread it evenly. Top with the granola mix. Spoon more yoghurt on top and smooth the surface with a spoon. Garnish with frozen berries, banana slices and crushed cookie crumb.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is sponsored by The Collective. See their full product range here.
- Try using fresh fruit instead of frozen fruit – apple or pears will be as delicious as the berries.
- This recipe was created by Sneh Roy for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Sneh at Cook Republic.
Find more recipes: