Yoghurt chocolate bananamisu
- 2 cups (520g) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (200g) granola (homemade or store bought)
- 12 store bought chocolate chip cookies
- 2 cups (250g) store bought banana bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125g) frozen mixed berries
- 1 large banana, sliced
- extra cookie for crushed topping
You will also need:
- 4 x 125ml jars or 1 x 500ml jar, for serving
Place yoghurt, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix well.
Place granola in a medium bowl. Roughly crush cookies with your hands and add to the granola. Mix well.
Follow this layering method four times over for individual jar serves (divide all ingredients into four) or once for the large jar:
Start by swiftly dipping the banana bread cubes in the orange juice and placing in the bottom of the jar. Spoon yoghurt on top and spread it evenly. Top with the granola mix. Spoon more yoghurt on top and smooth the surface with a spoon. Garnish with frozen berries, banana slices and crushed cookie crumb.
- You can use low-fat Greek yoghurt if you like.
- Try using fresh fruit instead of frozen fruit åÊ- apple or pears will be as delicious as the berries.
- This recipe was created by Sneh Roy for Kidspot, New Zealand’s beståÊrecipe finder. You can follow Sneh atåÊCook Republic.