Caramel banana frozen yoghurt
- 4 large (500g) bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen for 3 hours
- 1/3 cup (60g) dark brown sugar
- 250g low-fat Greek yoghurt
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Serve immediately.
Find more frozen treat recipes:
- Chocolate ice cream pudding
- Homemade chunky monkey ice cream
- Homemade cookies and cream ice cream
- Frozen yoghurt pops
- Ice cream cookie crunch
- Angel ice-creams
- Frozen banana bites
- Strawberry ice cream
- Snickers hot fudge sundae
- Ice-cream sandwiches
- Bananas in Pyjamas
- Homemade chocolate paddlepops
- Frozen fruit slushies
- Bananas should feel frozen but not rock hard.
- If you’ve got bananas in the fruit bowl that are passed the point of fresh eating, peel them, chop them and pop them in the freezer so you can make this whenever you want without having to wait.
- If your bananas have been in the freezer for a couple of days (or weeks), take them out 5-10 minutes before you want to use them. They should still feel frozen but a little softened.
- I use dark brown sugar because it’s extra caramely but feel free to use plain brown sugar.
- You can make this ahead of time and freeze it, but you may need to put it back into the food processor or blender to make it creamy again, or let it sit on the bench for a bit until it softens.If you leave it in the freezer for too long (a couple of days), it may go a little icy.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.