Create an indoor picnic
Children will love preparing for an indoor picnic – choosing the perfect spot to spread the blanket as well as the yummy picnic foods is just as much fun as the picnic itself.
What you need:
- Food such as sandwiches, chips, biscuits, drinks
Number of players:
Prepare some light food that is easy to eat such as sandwiches, biscuits, cookies and a drink.
Spread out a blanket on the floor.
Sit down on it and enjoy your lunch.
- Indoor picnics are the perfect setting for some natural imaginative play – kids can get out the fancy dress box and dress up for their picnic, perhaps as princesses, fairies, pirates or animals.
- If you're dressing up, maybe think about creating picnic food to match the theme.
- Half the fun of having an indoor picnic is making the food. Kids will love to plan the menu, make and pack the food. Perhaps try and find a small basket where you can store the food, cutlery, plates and cups ready for the perfect picnic.
- This activity has been brought to you by The Natural Confectionery Co.