There was once a tiny man. One day, at the first sign of Spring, he decided to pin a note to a tree that said FRIEND WANTED. Then he sat down on the step to wait.
After ten days, he woke to find a cold nose in his hand. Beside him was a big dog with a beautiful curve in its tail. The tiny man had made a friend at last.
They play and walk and laugh every day. But then the girl in the polka dot dress comes to the step. The little man watches as the dog put his soft muzzle into the girl’s hand and worries that he has lost his only friend.
A touching picture book that explores learning how to make and share friends, feelings of being left out and discovering group dynamics. Packed full of emotion, this hardback picture book also teaches young children about self-esteem and empathy.
A perfect story to read aloud with pre-schoolers or for young children just starting out at reading by themself.
Watch Kids Book Reviewer Nina review The Tale of the Tiny Man by Barbro Lindgren
Read more kids book reviews:
- Into the Sideways World by Ross Welford | Kids Book Review
- Camp by Kayla Miller | Kids Book Review
- Click! by Kayla Miller | Kids Book Review
- Einstein the Penguin by Iona Rangeley-Wilson
- When Pigs Fly – A Batpig Book by Rob Harrell | Kids Books
- Gangsta Granny Strikes Again! by David Walliams | Kids Books
- Spellbound Ponies: Dancing & Dreams by Stacy Gregg | Kids Book Review