Healthy and homemade is IN! Reform your picky eaters with these 20 delicious ways to make a fun snack out of fruit and vegetables.
1. Fruity solar system
This clever idea is a delicious snack and an astronomy lesson in one. Science never tasted THIS good when I was growing up!
- See here for the Fruity solar system recipe.
2. Mini quiches with hidden veg
Fill hungry tums with these delicious homemade quiches. Packed full of veges, these are the perfect after school snack or lunchbox filler.
- See here for the Mini quiches with hidden veg recipe.
3. Grape caterpillars
Use wooden skewers to put these cute creepy crawlies together … and watch them disappear down the hatch in the blink of an eye!
- See here for the Grape caterpillars recipe.
4. Watermelon ice blocks
These are a fantastic after school snack and will really satisfy the kids on a hot day. You can add different fruits for a taste sensation.
- See here for the Watermelon ice blocks.
5. Strawberry mice
Little ones will get a kick out of devouring these adorable strawberry cuties.
- See here for the Strawberry mice recipe.
6. Rainbow fried rice
Your kids will just adore this delicious dinner with colourful slices of yum. What a joy to eat something so pretty!
- See here for the Rainbow fried rice recipe.
7. Zucchini brownies
Sneak extra veggeies into the kids’ diet with this delicious chocolatey treat..
- See here for the Zucchini brownies recipe.
8. Fruity sticks
These quick bites are great for lunch boxes, parties or just when your kids need a quick refuel. They’ll never say no!
- See here for the Fruity sticks recipe.
9. Ambrosia salad
A scrummy snack or a lovely side to accompany any main meal, this salad is particularly popular with toddlers.
- See here for the Ambrosia salad recipe.
10. The Very Hungry Caterpillar fruit snack
Bring this much-loved kiddie book to life, with an irresistible picture-perfect snack.
- See here for the The Very Hungry Caterpillar fruit snack recipe.
11. The best green smoothie
Your kids will be hooked after their first sip of this luminous green drink. Especially if you call it something really cool, like Sweet Slurping Slime!
- See here for The best green smoothie recipe.
12. Banana palm trees
Here’s how to create a fruity masterpiece worth gobbling up. Too cute!
- See here for the Banana palm trees recipe.
13. Fruit sushi
Perfect for a cute fruity snack or a fun cooking activity to do with the kids.
- See here for the Fruit sushi recipe.
14. Traffic light fruit
Keep them revved up with healthy fruit by threading red, amber and green colours onto a skewer.
- See here for the Traffic light fruit.
15. Avocado chocolate pudding
A quick and easy pudding recipe that just happens to be nutritious as well.
- See here for the Avocado chocolate pudding recipe.
16. Ants on a log
If your kids are reluctant to eat celery, they won’t be after sampling this snack-happy idea.
- See here for the Ants on a log recipe.
17. DIY classic layered salad
Dish up this salad in a see-through cup for a novelty way to serve a simple dish. For added wow-factor, try hiding a surprise at the very bottom.
- See here for the DIY layered salad recipe.
18. Watermelon popsicles
Insert a popsicle stick into a wedge of watermelon, freeze and serve. Your juicy icy snack is ready to eat just like that!
- See here for the Watermelon popsicles recipe.
19. Bert and Ernie fruit snacks
There will be squeals of delight all around, when your kids clap their eyes on this cute fruit.
- See here for the Bert and Ernie fruit snacks recipe.
20. Apple race car snacks
Race these funky fruits down the kitchen bench, around the corner and straight into an open mouth. Who says food can’t be fun?!
- See here for the Apple race car snacks recipe.