Baked oatmeal cups
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 370g apple sauce
- 1 banana, mashed
- 6 pkts stevia
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup linseed meal (flax)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups milk
- Optional toppings: chopped dried apricots and coconut, raisins, mini chocolate chips
In a bowl, combine egg, vanilla, apple sauce, banana and stevia.
In a second bowl combine rolled oats, linseed meal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold in milk. Leave to stand for 30 minutes so the mixture can absorb the milk.
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line 2 x 12 cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
Spoon 1/4 cup measures into each cupcake liner. Add toppings if you have chosen and bake for 25 minutes.
- You can use 1/2 cup of honey in place of the stevia to sweeten these cups.
- I like the toppings mixed into the mixture so they are evenly distributed.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.