- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup self-raising flour
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup golden syrup
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups boiling water
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6-cup ovenproof dish with butter and set aside.
In a bowl, use a wooden spoon to combine ¼ cup brown sugar with the flour, butter, egg, ¼ cup of golden syrup and milk. Mix until smooth and pour into greased dish.
Combine 1 cup brown sugar with the cornflour and sprinkle over the top of the pudding.
Stir ½ cup golden syrup into the boiling water and pour over the back of a spoon and onto the pudding.
Bake for 40 minutes.
- What would make this pudding even better is a dollop of our quick and delicious Easy Homemade Custard.
- I like my puddings really saucy so this recipe has a lot of butterscotch sauce in it.
- This serves about 8 people.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related hot dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Caramelised pear tarts
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding