Choc chip scones
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 50g butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 210å¡C.
Sift flour, baking powder and icing sugar together.
Stir in egg, milk and butter and then chocolate chips.
Turn out onto a floured board and leave to rest for 20 mins.
Roll to 2cm thickness.
Cut out circles using the edge of a glass, dipping it in flour between cuts.
Place scones close together on baking paper covered baking sheet and rest for a further 10 mins.
Bake for 10 mins.
- Adding choc chips to these golden scones brings them to a new level.
- They are especially delicious when served warm as those choc chips burst in your mouth.
- The resting period is very important to the lightness of this recipe and the fact that there is very little kneading.
- This Choc chip scone recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder