Gnocchi with tomato, garlic and basil
- 1 pkt ready-made gnocchi or Homemade gnocchi
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 425g fresh pasta sauce, Italian tomato and garlic
- 1 handful of freah basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan.
Cook the gnocchi as per the packet instructions and set aside in a warm place.
In a frypan heat the olive oil and fry the garlic for 2 mins.
Add the sauce and stir in the basil and gnocchi to coat.
Serve with a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan and a garden salad.
- This tastes like you have been slaving over a big pot of homemade passata all day. Those 2 little extra ingredients add a new dimension to the flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.