- 8 large sebago potatoes, peeled and cut into BIG batons (or Agria potatoes)
- vegetable oil for frying
Place chips into a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins.
Drain and lay the potatoes out on a clean dry tea towel.
Heat vegetable oil for frying.
Fry the chips until golden. Serve with salt and vinegar on the side.
Find related recipes for the man of the house.
- Beer can chicken
- Beer batter fish
- Homestyle chips
- Slow cooker corned beef
- Chicken schnitzel
- Banana bread pie
- Caramelised onions
- I use sebago potatoes for these chips because they grow really big!
- Boiling the chips for a few minutes gives them that fluffy interior that make chips delicious.
- You can shallow fry these if you don’t have a deep fryer. Just make sure to turn them to make them golden all over.
- These are great served with Beer batter fish, Maldon sea salt flakes and some nice malty vinegar.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.