Mini quiches with hidden veg
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup mashed potato
- ½ cup mashed or pureed carrot
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
Place pastry sheets on a work surface to defrost for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 180°C. Select a 24 small hole cup cake pan or 2 x 12 hole pan. Cut 12 holes from each pastry sheet with a scone cutter that is slightly larger than the holes.
Carefully push pastry circles into pan (no need to grease). Divide cheese between pastry cases. Whisk eggs and milk together in a jug, then whisk in the mashed vegetables.
Pour egg mixture into pastry cases to just below the top. Keep whisking the mixture to make sure the vegies are evenly distributed. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- These are a version of Messy cheese pies with the added bonus of hidden leftover mashed vegetables. I had potato and carrot in the fridge, but you could use other yellow/orange vegetables (pureed pumpkin, sweet potato, corn, yellow zucchini)
- Mini quiches freeze well; just reheat in the oven to make sure the pastry is crisp.