Slow cooker meatballs
- 500g beef mince
- 250g Italian sausage, skin removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green capsicum diced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Italian herb mix
- 1 tsp sugar
Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
In a large bowl mix the eggs and milk and add the rest of the ingredients for the meatballs.
Mix thoroughly and form 2 cm ball and place on baking tray.
Cook for 15 mins in the oven. Place in slow cooker.
Pour all of the sauce ingredients into the slow cooker, stir and cover.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Serve over spaghetti with extra parmesan cheese.
- Buy a double quantity of meat and make an extra batch of meatballs to freeze for later That way you have a head-start next time you want to make this recipe.
- One quantity of this make 36 meatballs which should easily feed a family of 6 if you serve it on spaghetti.
- Get the kids to help you roll the meatballs. They are more likely to eat food they have had a hand in preparing.
Related meatball recipes
- Meatloaf in a hurry
- Mozzarella meatballs
- Oriental chicken meatballs
- Pork meatballs
- Tomato meatballs
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.