A ballet party theme will delight any little ballet dancer. Imagine a day filled with dancing, tutus, ribbons, and tulle!
Ballet party theme invitations
Create an invitation by sticking a small piece of tulle onto a card to make it look like a tiny tutu! Or use your computer to design an invite to look like it’s a ticket to the ballet. Google ‘ballet ticket’ for inspiration or use sites like Canva, Picmonkey or Adobe for a selection of free and customisable design options.
Ballet party theme costume ideas
It’s not hard to pick up a tutu from the dress-up shops, but it’s also pretty simple to make your own no-sew tutu with a few layers of tulle. Pair with a singlet, white or pale pink tights and some ballet flats. If they already do ballet, even easier! Those that don’t wish to wear a tutu can dress up in their best party gear ready for dancing!
Ballet party theme decorations
- Tie a bunch of pale pink and white ribbons (or streamers) from tree branches, curtain rods or picture rails. You could also use 3M hooks on the ceiling and hang a piece of dowel with ribbons tied to it to spruce up the space!
- If you have the space, clear out the living room and turn it into a dance studio complete with a standing mirror for them all to watch themselves dance in front of.
- Make a garland of paper ballerinas with this craft idea.
Ballet party activities and birthday party games
- Decorate ballet flats – Grab some simple ballet flats and set up a decorating station with glue, stick-on diamantes or pearls, some sequins and small beads and puff paints.
- Make up a dance to teach the kids. Or show them basic ballet lessons.
- Play ‘ballet freeze‘ – just like musical statues but with ballet poses.
- Pin the tutu on the ballerina.
- Make beaded hair rings to place over hair buns – have them string some beads together on a thin piece of ribbon then tie around their bun for extra razzle-dazzle.
Ballet party food ideas
- Ballerina marshmallow pops
- Make edible fairy wands
- Filled croissants
- Flower biscuits
- Fairy bread
- Lamington cupcakes
- Mini chicken and cheese quiches
- Meringue drop dairy-free birthday cake
Ballet party take-home party bag ideas
Ribbon wands – a little more rhythmic gymnast than ballerina, but the twirly ribbon on a stick is always a favourite.