- 1/2 cup (125g) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 10 wooden sticks
- icing or icing pen
- sprinkles or cachous of your choice
Preheat the oven to 180å¡C (160å¡C fan-forced) and line two baking trays with paper and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until pale. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again for another couple of minutes. Fold in the flour until you have a smooth dough.Wrap this in plastic and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Roll out the dough until about 5mm thick then cut out biscuits using a star-shaped cookie cutter. Arrange on the baking tray then carefully push the wooden sticks into the biscuits (in the corner between two points of the stars).
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden then let cool completely before decorating.
Pip or write (using an icing pen) dots or add a lacy border around the edge of each biscuit then tie a bow around the handle of each.
Find related kidsåÊparty recipes:
- Chicken sausage rolls
- Chocolate balloon bowls
- Frog in the pond cupcakes
- Funny face biscuits
- Tic toc tea cups
- Garden party cheesecake cupcakes
- Fairy birthday party cake
- Fruity sticks
- Sleepy Tiny teddies
- Party pizzas
- KidsÛª trifles
- To stop the wands breaking while decorating; hold the biscuit not the stick and keep them on the work surface at all times.
- To make these even easier, just skip the wooden sticks and make up a batch of stars to decorate at will.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New ZealandÛªs beståÊrecipe finder:åÊYou can follow Sophie onåÊLocal is Lovely,åÊFacebook,åÊTwitteråÊoråÊPinterest.