- 6 pieces white bread
- 50g margarine
- 1/4 cup hundreds and thousands/assorted sprinkles
Butter the bread ensuring you butter to the edges.
Cut the bread into quarters, or into fun shapes using a cookie cutter (see tips for more information).
Sprinkle the bread with hundreds and thousands or press it onto a plate with hundreds and thousands or sprinkles.
- You may wish to cut the crusts off the bread before cutting into quarters or pressing with cutters.
- Metal cookie cutters are the easiest to cut through the bread. If using plastic cutters, you may wish to butter the bread after cutting. If the cutters are a bit blunt, use a rolling pin and roll over the top of cutter with the bread underneath.
- You may wish to substitute white bread for other types of bread if you wish to divert from the traditional method or taste.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s’s best recipe finder.