3 ingredient coconut rough bites
- 2 cup shredded coconut
- 375 g milk chocolate melts
- 50 g vegetable fat shortening (chopped into pieces)
Line two trays with baking paper. Spread the shredded coconut onto a small tray, place under a medium heat grill and toast until lightly golden. Make sure you watch the coconut closely as it will only take 30 seconds to 1 minute to toast, depending on your grill.
Place the milk chocolate melts and the shortening into a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 1 minute on high before stirring. Continue to cook the milk chocolate melts for 30-second bursts until they have completely melted. Add the toasted coconut and stir through to combine.
Scoop dessert spoonfuls of the coconut rough mixture onto your prepared trays and use the back of your spoon to shape into rounds. Place the trays into the fridge for one hour or until your coconut rough bites have set.
Find more sweet recipes
- Coconut ice
- Toffee apples
- Marbled chocolates
- Big freckles
- Chocolate truffles
- Melissa's Rocky Road
- Caramel fudge
- Swap the milk chocolate for dark or white chocolate to make different flavour combinations.
- Store these bites in the fridge for an easy lunch box treat or afternoon snack.
- This recipe was created by Lauren Matheson for Kidspot.