Baked banana chips
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled and grated
Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, oil, vanilla, apple and zucchini.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to turn the mixture until all ingredients are just moist.
Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Be careful not to over-mix the batter as it will make the muffins heavy.
- You can leave the skin on the zucchinis but I like to peel them so the kids don’t see the green.
- If you are after an even healthier muffin, you can swap the self-raising flour for wholemeal self-raising flour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.