Brownies in a jar
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 100 g walnuts (roughly chopped)
Wash and thoroughly dry a 1 litre glass jar. Sift the plain flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix to combine.
Place half of the flour mixture into the bottom of the glass jar and tap lightly to settle it. Using a spoon, carefully add the cocoa powder on top of the flour – try not to mix them together. Add the remaining flour mixture, and then the brown sugar.
In the following order, layer the white sugar, milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and walnuts.
Seal the lid and handwrite a gift tag with the following instructions: Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C). Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm rectangular baking tin. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and add 150g melted butter and 3 lightly beaten eggs. Mix well. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
Give as a lovely homemade gift to a friend or family member!
Find related sweet Christmas recipes
- Cheerios Christmas trees
- Christmas angel ice creams
- Christmas candy cane cookies
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas jelly slice
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Christmas pudding pops
- Christmas trifle
- Christmas Yule log
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Lightly tap the glass jar before adding the next layer in order to allow the ingredients to settle.
- After adding the cocoa, wipe the inside of the glass jar with dry paper towel in order to remove any excess powder from the sides.
- You can make these gifts ahead of time, as they are stored in a sealable jar.
- If preferred, pecans can be used in place of the walnuts.
- For a nut-free alternative, omit the walnuts and use 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips instead.